G METER + PRINTER
The g-meter+ is designed for statutory annual MOT brake performance testing of class III, IV, V, VI & VII vehicles in accordance with the Motor (Tests) Regulations 1981, as amended. It can also be used for statutory MOT brake performance testing of Heavy Goods Vehicles in accordance with the Goods Vehicles (Plating and Testing) Regulations 1988, as amended.
The test reading is shown on a bright LED display as Brake Efficiency in percent or the deceleration in metres per second per second.
The electronic deceleration sensor used in g-meter+ gives it a number of advantages over older electronic devices and mechanical pendulums, namely:
• It is self-aligning and will automatically sense the direction of travel. Precise alignment of the instrument with the direction is, therefore, not necessary.
• Its memory can record 3 sets of test results; for example, for main, secondary and parking brake tests. These are retained even if the instrument is switched off.
• It has an internal clock to accurately record the time and date of each test.
• It measures the peak deceleration, mean deceleration and stopping time and then calculates speed and stopping distance.
• It determines any left-right pull sensed during the brake test.